The Leadville Hostel, located in beautiful Leadville, Colorado, is the highest hostel in the US, situated in the heart of Colorado’s Rocky Mountain wonderland. We’re not your typical bare-bones hostel! With clean beds, beautifully decorated rooms and lots of hot water, our hostel is an ideal resting place for the road-weary explorer. We have a large common rooms for quiet reading or socializing with fellow pilgrims, and the hostel gives its guests the feeling of a home on the road. Activities are endless in our beautiful area!So, what exactly is a hostel?
A hostel is a type of lodging that offers just what traveling groups, single travelers and budget minded families need — beds, showers, laundry facilities and a large common kitchen. One excellent feature of the hostel is our very large fully equipped kitchen that enables you to cook meals — further stretching your vacation dollars. We can also prepare meals for a nominal fee per person (only available if you have a group of 10 or more). Check out our menu (one selection per group of 10 people or more per evening).
- Overnight stays ranging from $25 to $60 per person
- Rent the whole Hostel for $850 per night (sleeps 41-56 people)
- Friendly recreation and common rooms
- Large, fully equipped kitchen
- Flat screen television with DVD player
- Discount Ski Cooper lift tickets
- Dogs are welcome – $5.00 for each dog per visit
- Free bike storage
- Free parking
- No curfew or daytime lock-outs
- Wireless internet access – $1 per day
- Use our computer with internet access – $1.00 per 15 minutes
- Coin operated laundry facilities – $1.25 wash, $1.25 dry, soap 50¢
- Walk-in showers for non-guests – $5.00 (between 10am and 5pm only)
Leadville is also a great place to explore and shop, getting a feel for how people lived in the mountains in the wild and woolly days of early Colorado.
If you are coming for winter activities, we are 23 miles away from Copper Mountain, 45 miles away from Vail and just nine miles away from a very family friendly ski resort — Ski-Cooper (much more reasonably priced, less crowded and less intimidating that the better known mega-resorts). Besides all that, Leadville has miles of snowshoe and cross-country trails in the surrounding area. If you are into snowmobiles, there are trails for you to explore as well.
The summertime has many opportunities too — biking, hiking, mountain climbing, kayaking and fishing just to name a few. The high country is the ideal place for adventure-minded people to get close to nature while indulging their adrenaline needs.
If you have any questions or want to make a reservation, please contact us. We hope to hear from you soon.
All guests must be over the age of 18 or traveling with parent or guardian.
— Cathy, Leadville Hostel